HISTORIC & RESTORATION:

Erskine Church, Arbroath

The Listed Erskine Church in Arbroath was built in 1821 and operated as a Church until it closed in 1985.

The proposed conversion is to create small to medium size Office/Studio/Workshop spaces with shared toilet, kitchen and sitting areas. The conservation of the main upper hall space respects both the existing structure ceiling details that currently exist by providing an independent timber framed and glazed structure within the existing building envelope – allowing a clear view of the all important existing roof/ceiling structures.

Careful detailing of all structural elements and the repair and re-use of key internal features will be essential to the quality and conservation of the building, preserving its future for the next 100 years.

AWARDS:

DIA Winner Best Commercial Development 2012